HKTB: Hong Kong – Fact file
Our World | On 10, Aug 2011
Hong Kong’s strategic location at the heart of the world’s fastest growing economies along with its sophisticated infrastructure, easy accessibility, business-friendly environment, professional expertise and vibrant lifestyle converge to become what is recognised as Asia’s premier destination for meetings, incentives, conventions and exhibitions.
- Geography: Hong Kong consists of Hong Kong Island, the Kowloon Peninsula, the New Territories and more than 260 outlying islands.
- Language: English and Chinese (Cantonese) are the official languages. English is the language of business & service industries.
- Safe and Secure: Hong Kong is universally recognised as one of the safest cities in the world.
- Visa free: Citizens from over 170 countries enjoy visa-free access for seven to 180 days.
- Currency: The Hong Kong dollar is linked to the US dollar, making it a stable currency.
- Accessibility: Easy access with over 63 direct weekly flights from London. The Airport Express train whisks arriving visitors to the centre of Hong Kong in just 24 minutes.
- Transportation: Excellent connectivity and superior airlift capacity to serve fly-cruise passengers.
Pre-paid Octopus Card gives delegates freedom to travel anywhere in Hong Kong. You can fly directly to Hong Kong with Cathay Pacific, British Airways, Virgin Atlantic, Qantas, Air New Zealand in approximately 11.5 hrs.
- World-leading venues and hotels: Hong Kong is a sophisticated metropolis offering purpose-built meeting and conference facilities equipped to the highest international standard. There is a vast choice of over 190 hotels ranging from super luxury to quality budget, providing more than 62,000 rooms. (Source: Hong Kong Hotel Association).
- Climate: Hong Kong has a subtropical climate of mild springs, sunny summers, clear autumns and cool, dry winters.
- Incentive Activities
Hong Kong is an unbelievable reward for a job well done. No lifetime is complete without a trip to Hong Kong. Just the thought of being able to win such a prize will motivate everyone in your organization to reach greater heights. This melting pot of wonders will revitalize and recharge your incentive winners, motivating them for greater achievements when they return. These include: Treasure Hunting, Dragon Boat Racing, Cooking Class, Chinese porcelain Painting, Tai Chi class, Tea Appreciation and many more.
- Professionalism: Hong Kong has an experienced band of highly qualified professionals who possess a ‘can-do’ attitude of going that extra mile to achieve all your requirements. They offer a wide array of event support services at all stage of the process, from organising the initial meeting through to post-event tours, ensuring that your event is a total success. The Hong Kong Tourism Board office also provides a free advisory service and one-stop support to help you plan any event.
*This article is sponsored by Hong Kong Tourism Board