Open your eyes to Japanese incentives
Our World | On 23, Nov 2011
Having recently visited Japan for work I thought I would give you a little insight into what is a fascinating country. Sarah wrote a great piece on Japanese Incentives in October (please take a look), so I thought I’d give you a quick whirlwind tour through my eyes.
A famous proverb states “He who asks a question is a fool for a minute; he who does not remains a fool forever”. For me this is a great mindset to have when visiting Japan. Remember you will only get out what you are willing to put in, stay open minded and explore.
Anyway here goes, Japan in snippets;
- Healthy, gorgeous, colourful food that tackle and tickle your taste buds
- Tea ceremonies, futons and bonsai
- So much to discover in the refined and potent world of Sake
- The standards of shopping – OMG!
- Genuine, classic, historic, Imperial
- Temples, Shrines and Fortunes
- Sumo and martial arts
- Fascinating, high quality arts and crafts
- Kimonos, hot spring baths and geisha’s
- Shiatsu body massage and sleep like a baby!
- Cherry Blossom and Autumn foliage
- Lakes, rivers and waterfalls
- The highest standards of hygiene in the world (yes, even warmed toilet seats!)
- A choice of gorgeous Four Seasons Hotels – traditional and contemporary
- Courtesy and manners, always, from a smiling and respectful race…and then I came back home to what feels like the Third World.
I can’t express just how much Japan has to offer. If you want my advice, everyone should visit Japan at least once in their lifetime!
Susan Sexton, Event Team